- This event has passed.
Habitat @ Green Bay Botanical Garden from May 1 thru April 30, 2023
May 1 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Daily from May 1, 2022 thru April 30, 2023
The exhibition Habitat explores the critical need for varied habitats, how interconnected and fragile they are, and what we can do to protect them.
Plants, animals, and other organisms have adapted to each other and their habitats over time, creating a delicate ecological balance. This balance faces many threats, including pollution, deforestation, and climate change, but humans can protect habitats for the future by learning to be better stewards of the environment.
This experience showcases the unique habitats throughout the gardens and landscapes of Green Bay Botanical Garden and of northeast Wisconsin.
About the Displays
- Nests: The diversity of nests and the ingenuity of the birds that build them.
- Life Underground: Mushrooms and the hidden relationships under our feet that support healthy habitats.
- Dead Wood is Life: When a tree dies, it’s not the end of the story – it’s just the start of a new home.
- Monarchs & Meadows: Meadow habitats are often overlooked, but they are critical homes to many wildflowers and pollinators.
- Bug B&B: Bugs are everywhere, and they need places to live, just like us.
- Homes: Your garden and landscape at home is more than a pretty place.
- Sign of the Dragonfly: Dragonflies are an indicator of a healthy environment. How healthy is your wetland? Ask a dragonfly.
- Habitat of Flight: Discover how birds and seeds adapted to fit their habitats and inspired humans in their dreams of flight.